Friday, September 14, 2007

My New Drug


Moving to the East Coast is hard on any surfer from on the West Coast. Without surfing in my life I'm left to wonder, "what else am I passionate about besides the ocean?" Well, after a year in Boston I think I've finally found a substitute: Violin! Yep, my Mom proposed that for my birthday she'd replace my trumpet that was stolen a few years ago. Instead, I suggested that instead of a trumpet, getting a violin. I got my violin in the mail about 2 weeks ago and I am completely addicted to it - I crave practicing like I do crave surfing. I went to a music shop today and went on a shopping spree buying 5 beginning violin books and I told them I'd be back in a month for more. With law school starting up again it's nice to have something recreation to look forward to.

1 comment:

*katie said...

I can't wait to hear you play at our family reunions:) It sure looks like you're having fun!