Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Buffy's Wedding


My littlest sister Buffy got married on Jan. 18th in the San Diego Temple. Most people wouldn't think January would be an ideal month to get married but in San Diego it works pretty well. The whole weekend was a blur; I was designated as the unofficial airport taxi driver picking up and driving relatives back and forth from the temple to the reception and to the hotel. Much of the family was present for Buffy's temple endowment on friday which was pretty special. It was the first time I've been in the temple with one of my siblings, and it was even more special having my grandparents, mom and aunts, uncles and cousins there.

The wedding on Saturday couldn't have turned out better. The weather was clear and nice and the temple was not so crowded. In the summer dozens of couples are married each day. Saturday only 3 couples were married, so the officiator was able to spend a lot of time with the ceremony. The reception later in the day was really well put together. The decorations were impressive and the program was filled with lots of dancing and singing and fun.

Even though the weekend was jam-packed with weddings stuff, I was able to take my cousin Eric out surfing right before his flight left - it's only his second time surfing. And I got to see one of my old surf buddies from college days and his wife, which was special too. I only got a few pics from the wedding, but for more I'm sure you can check out Buffy's blog and she'll post some soon. PS. A shout out to my cousins Brooke and Katie who told me at the reception I need to update my blog more often!

2 comments:

brooke said...

Right on Ben! You crack me up. That's funny that Katie said so too. Thanks for the fun post, Buffy's wedding did rock!

*katie said...

Good job Ben! (I'm only 2 weeks late on checking up on you!) :)