Friday, September 10, 2010

A Year Goes By: Back in Cali!


It has almost been a year since I made an entry on my blog. The last year has been a whirl wind. In January 2010 I graduated from law school in Boston and returned back to California. Just weeks after I left Boston I started tax courses in my LL.M. at Golden Gate University in San Francisco, commuting to the city from Sacramento 3 times a week.

After a successful semester at GGU, I locked myself down in Sacramento for the Summer to study for the Bar Exam. At first I didn't think the studying was too bad. But by the end of the summer I just wanted to be a normal person again. While studying I also applied to transfer to University of San Diego. Their LL.M. is one of the best tax programs in the country and the commute from Escondido was so much easier. (I would have applied to USD in the first place, but I didn't get my letters of recommendation until after USD's deadline). A few weeks later I got my acceptance letter and was immediately so stoked. It was like I had been lost and had found the pathway again.

So now I've been going to USD for about 3 weeks and I love it. The campus is beautiful, the classes are at daytime hours (at GGU they were all night classes), and their career services programs have been fantastic. Already this semester I've interviewed with AYCO (a Goldman Sachs Co.), the Chief Counsel for the IRS, and the Army Jags. My classes this semester are partnership taxation, taxation of property transactions, Tax research and communication and federal tax procedures. Fun stuff!

No comments: