Sunday, November 11, 2007

Pride and Prejudice Dance



This Saturday night was Pride & Prejudice dance at Harvard. For the past four weeks Winston Tao and others have conducted weekly rehearsals to teach the five dances from the movie. The dance was held in a beautiful room on campus at Harvard University with a large dance floor and area for the string ensemble to perform. Everyone who participated came dressed in formal attire and the ladies looked amazing. The girls got "dance cards" which named each of the dances to be performed during the evening and a line where the gentlemen could sign his name to reserve a dance with the lady.

Carly and I came together dressed for the occasion. Carly sewed her own dress and also sewed a cravat which I wore with a vest. We walked in the room, filled with people elegantly dressed and the sound of the orchestra warming up, hung up our coats and joined in the fun. Winston welcomed eveyone and the dancing began. The cold weather outside made the warm room seem most comfortable. I met lots of nice people and had some good laughs. I also got some quality exercise. It was definately one of the funnest cultural events i've been involved in since I moved out to Boston. I'm looking forward to more in the future.


Getting ready to dance


Orchestra performing "Jane & Bingley's First Dance"


All the lovely girls


Tia and I

4 comments:

*katie said...

Oh my gosh how fun would that be?!? I'm so jealous! I've watched a little too much Pride and Prejudice lately, I need to lay off!

Carly said...

Fun Times! You were definitely best dressed, though I do say so myself.

brooke said...

I'm so jealous Ben! That looked like so much fun. I'm addicted to that movie! Hope you don't mind me commenting. I notice on Katie's blog that you had one!

Anonymous said...

niice shot of me wailing away at the fiddle there! and you, mr. clement, looking quite dapper~ good times :)